mandag den 3. august 2015

uddrag af MADO af hanne højgaard viemose


Hi, my name is Hannah, I am 37 years old, and I live in Aarhus in Denmark, or not actually in Aarhus but in an immigrant sururb called Gellerup, 90 % of the population are immigrants or descendants of immigrants, mainly from the Middle East, not many Koreans or Chinese, I live with my boys Björn and Dagur, they are 3 years and 5, their father is Icelandic, we used to be married, this is getting complicated, I will continue, I have two boys, I actually have three, my first one I had 15 years ago, you’ve already guessed? Let me tell you how I met Kyung Sik, he was Korean, you already know, we met in New Zealand, worked in the daffodils and then in the cotton in the outback of Australia, and Kyung Sik he had to go home to his home in Korea, we had Mac Donalds at the air port of Sydney, I was sitting there with some scrappy rests of a quarter pounder meal waving through the panoramic window of terminal 2, when his Korean flight went in the air, and I, I didn’t want to go home, so I went to China, got a job as a teacher in a coal mining town, the air was so dirty I had to go out and wash the windows every morning to find out whether it was still night or time to get up, and you, you were a growing bean in my belly, I started to worry about the pollution, I was twenty weeks big when I had my first check, travelled by train to the harbour of Tinjian, got on a ferry and crossed the Yellow Sea, I puked all the way, it took 36 hours and then we arrived to Inchon in South Korea, do you still pay attention? Can I ask you a question, have you ever felt like you are not in control of your own life and body? Like life is racing of like one of these bullet-ha chi trains that goes from the harbour of Inchon to Pusan in less than five hours with no stops on the way, have you ever felt like that? That’s how I felt, stepping in to one of these bullet trains and crossing the South Korean peninsula with high speed through blue and foggy mountains arriving at the Japanese Ocean in the morning mistwatching sea weed drying on the flat roofs in the sun, big tunas, live octupusses and sharks at the great fishmarket of Pusan, wondering how did I get there, feeling I missed some steps on the way.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar